Friday 30 November 2012

Andy Ford's Pages

I have put together a rough version of Andy's pages to see what they would look like together, it took a lot of rearranging to get them to flow in a way that I was happy with, but I feel that the way they are displayed below works well as a set of pages.








Andy also supplied me with a couple of paragraphs axplaining why he love music and photography and the combinantion of the two. It read as follows.

"Since the day I started shooting punk & hardcore shows my goal was always to try and distill down all the raw energy & chaos of a live show into a single frame.  The kind of photograph that puts the viewer right there in the middle of all that sweaty mayhem.

I now find myself working with much bigger bands and festivals, but my aim is still the same, to try and make exciting images that give you a sense of really being there.  I try to avoid the standard ‘man playing guitar’ images you see a lot of and mix it up with different lenses and angles, always looking for those iconic moments, keep it fresh for myself and the viewer.

I’ve been lucky to find myself in the middle of a really exciting underground music scene in the South West over the past few years.  It’s nice to have the opportunity to work with a few big names now & then, but intense, grimy punk shows are what I truly love, once there’s someone swinging from the ceiling and a few kids back flipping off the speakers, that’s when I feel like I’m home.
"